Croftjane Cottage lies on the approach to the Farmhouse and steading with separate access and parking. The cottage is about 100 years old, with an extension added in the 1960’s. It has recently been refurbished to a high standard. There is storage for bicycles/fishing rods etc in the lockable laundry.
The cottage is fully centrally heated, with double glazing and a wood-burning stove. The cosy sitting room is furnished with a sofa & easy chairs and has a 40” smart TV with FreeSat & a DVD player. The well-equipped kitchen area has new worktops, electric cooker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher etc. A breakfast/reading room at the front of the cottage has spectacular views down the valley towards the Lake District fells. There is also a washing machine and freezer in the laundry.
The larger bedroom has a double bed and en-suite shower room and there is a twin bedroom with a built-in wardrobe. The bathroom has a bath and over-bath shower.
There are outside seating areas with table & chairs and a swing seat. A Kettle BBQ is provided and stored in the laundry. The self-contained garden contains a clothes-line and pegs are provided.
There is free wi-fi throughout. Mobile coverage is OK on most networks.
Parking is on the Cottage drive.
What we provide
The cottage is well-equipped with everything you should need for an enjoyable stay. This list should help you plan your stay but if you have any questions please do get in touch.
- Double oven and hob
- Microwave, kettle, toaster, caffetiere
- Full range of pots and pans, crockery & cutlery
- Phone charging points and plenty of power sockets
- An ironing board & iron are stored in the built-in cupboard
- A freezer is available in our outside laundry
- Dining table and four chairs
- Sideboard with table mats, coasters etc
- Wingback armchair positioned to allow views down the valley
- Two bookcases with a selection of books and local guide-books
- Board games & jigsaws
- Wall mounted 1:25,000 OS Explorer map centred on Croftjane
- Two-seater sofa and two armchairs
- Multifuel stove with free basket of logs
- 40″ smart TV with FreeSat & DVD player
- Selection of DVDs
- Coffee tables and lamps
- Plenty of power sockets and phone charging points
- Double bed with Shaker style headboard
- Chest of drawers with five drawers
- Hanging space
- Blanket chest containing spare bedding and blankets
- Thick curtains
- Hair dryer
- Full length mirror
- En-suite shower room with heated mirror with shaving point.
- Two single beds with Shaker style headboards
- Bedside units with 3 drawers
- Built in wardrobe with shelves
- Thick curtains
- Bath with over bath shower
- Heated towel rail
- Toilet rolls
- Mirror with shaving point
- Shelving for personal items
- Table with parasol and chairs
- Swing seat
- Washing machine and pegs
- Drying facilities / storage for bikes/ fishing rods/ golf clubs in our lockable outside laundry
- Kettle BBQ
Available on request at no charge
- Travel cot
Please note – our prices include all heating, lighting, towels and linen. A basket of logs is provided and additional logs can be purchased if needed.